Hello There, Guest! Login Register

Tamiya Skyline GT-R (R34)
link, i just cannot be arsed to go paint over the sides, really. It's meant to be flat black but after I put on the front clear parts, I am hoping it would be fine.

Midnightwangan, nope, stock plated plastic. I did Alclad the rims though. Lol The only anti-fog glue I have is white glue. Hahahahahahaha.
I am blunt not because I am mean but because I hope others can be blunt with me. Only through brutal honesty can we seek to improve ourselves. Pulling punches and sugar-coating does not work.

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Major case of me having offended the modelling gods, me thinks.

FOUR major mishaps regarding this kit, over the course of two days!

Mishap 1: Dropped the kit while polishing, in the process, breaking the spoiler. Fixed spoiler with superglue, sand like mad, respray and regloss.

Mishap 2: Due to said drop, rear fender got knocked off the mating surface, irreparable except to glue it back and again, respray

Mishap 3: While re-glossing body, dropped kit AGAIN! This time with slightly wet gloss. ARGGGGGH! F**K! The profanities that exited my mouth then would certainly get me shipped to Australia if this was the Edwardian period.

Mishap 4. This evening, while attaching undercarriage covers, accidently pressed onto spoiler AGAIN and it snapped, AGAIN!

Here're the pics in all it's damaged glory.

[Image: sky1er8.jpg]

[Image: sky2mj9.jpg]

[Image: sky4we4.jpg]

[Image: sky5ia3.jpg]

[Image: sky6ly2.jpg]

I really dunno WTF is happening since ALL the accidents happened at the very last moment. So f**king gutted man!

Tomorrow morning rush down stargek, buy a new R34, use the spoiler and then get GT Wings to put onto the second Skyline.

CANNOT THROW PLAMO'S FACE!!!!!!
I am blunt not because I am mean but because I hope others can be blunt with me. Only through brutal honesty can we seek to improve ourselves. Pulling punches and sugar-coating does not work.

wah, so suay ar? if its me think i go mad liao.Em112 erm, dun hurry better. more u hurry more jia lat.[/align]

link, no choice. Tomorrow by 3pm I expect to be at Maritime House, with the completed Skyline, warts and all. This will teach me to handle cars totally differently from aircraft. This has to be my second worst build in 2007 by far. So, 2nd worst out of 2 completed kits, not bad. Slowly improving, NOT!

at least u r not as sway as this guy in zeroG

[Image: IMG_1759.jpg]
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Zero_G/index....&p=7847058

Actually damage is not THAT bad, but due to shortage of time(tomorrow must be ready), I am gonna do something that I will be laughed at.

I am gonna spray the replacement spoiler in semigloss or even flat black. Logic? The front lowest end is black, so the back highest end I also spray black. Lol

Ouch, sucks to have last-min mishaps, flat-black would be a good quickie-fix to emulate an after-market spoiler or even w/o the spoiler also no biggie, cars same as GunPla bro, up-2-u to mod, reverse 'sleeper' style.

Kinda like how Evos/Rexes remove external bodykit parts to look like Lancers/Imprezas. Smile

I know there is ALOT to be improved on and I will work towards getting a more bling finish for the next car. Just rushed to Stargek and got me another Skyline for the spoiler. I have since painted it gloss black, and am waiting for the paint to fully dry before flipping it over to paint it gloss black as well. Then it's a light mist of satin top coat to tone it down some.

So yea, black spoilers. So sue me. Lol

Operation Rescue Kit is a relative success!!!! Go Go Go

Something that I notice towards the end of building a kit...

Accidents happen(Usually big)...

I think thats because we are getting paranoid of the timing and start to make ourselves panic, resulting in mishaps happening...
[Image: l0jn.gif]